Here’s What You Need To Know About The Bermuda’s COVID-19 Protocols
Planning a destination wedding is never without its challenges but what about getting married during COVID? We are living in uncertain times so it’s no wonder that destination weddings and honeymoons may seem impossibly difficult to plan or even consider. For Brides to be, this can seem like a daunting task and just like a dream …
Is it even possible? Absolutely! But, The good news is, yes! Definitely. it is definitely do-able!
Just take a second and …
Imagine the possibilities!
Now, let’s head over and find out the Do’s and Don’t before you come to Bermuda for your ultimate destination wedding!
Legalities & Protocols for Visitors
● Ensure that your paperwork is in order before traveling.
● Both visitors (and residents) must apply for a Bermuda COVID-19 Travel Authorisation 1 to 3 days before departure. You and cannot travel to Bermuda without an approved Travel authorization. Submission of a Travel Authorisation within 24 hours of your travel date will not be approved.
To obtain approval for a Travel Authorization, visitors must provide proof of valid negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no more than 5 days* before arrival. (*For example, a pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test taken on 4th MarchDecember, will be valid for arrival in Bermuda until 9th MarchDecember). The requirements for a valid test can be found here.
● Residents without a valid negative, pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test result must quarantine until they receive results from their day 8 COVID-19 PCR test. They will be required to wear a quarantine bracelet, for which they will be charged $300 on arrival. The bracelet pairs with a phone app. If a resident chooses not to download the phone all on their personal phone, a phone will be issued to them for an additional rental fee of $50.
● Travel Authorisation applications are vetted between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily, prior to approval (see Tables below for requirements and the process). Emergency Travel Authorisations may be issued on the day of travel by the COVID-19 Helpline on +1(441) 444-2498. If your Travel Authorization is not approved before your flight, you cannot travel to Bermuda.
● All residents and visitors (and residents) to Bermuda are required to wear a Traveller Wristband for the first 14 days of their stay. The Wristbands will remind travelers to be careful of their movements and follow the A Traveller’s First 14 Days or A UK Traveller’s First 14 Days guidance in order to minimize COVID spread. Removal of the wristband is not permitted and can result in a fine of $500 and home quarantine with an electronic monitoring bracelet. Persons who do not wish to wear the Traveller Wristband will quarantine at their accommodation for 14 days.
Bermuda Travel Authorisation (Visitor)
You must apply for a Bermuda COVID-19 Travel Authorisation 1 to 3 days before departure.
Please complete the Travel Authorisation form carefully to ensure the information is accurate.
To get a Travel Authorisation you need:
● To have no symptoms of concern
● A valid email address
● Proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken no more than 5 days before arrival*. Click here for test requirements.
● To consent to having a COVID-19 PCR test on arrival and on days 4, 8, and 14 OR legally agree to quarantine for 14 days (minimum)
● To sign an agreement to abide by the legal requirement to quarantine in your accommodation as instructed
* Visitors 9 years and under: do not require testing so instead upload government-issued photo ID as proof of age.
To review the latest traveler requirements and the process on arrival, click here.
Travel Authorisation applications are vetted between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily, prior to approval (see Table below for requirements and the process).
IMPORTANT: If you test positive at any time you shall self-isolate for 14 days at your accommodation, at your cost. If you are in close contact with a positive person, you will self-quarantine for 14 days, at your cost. By purchasing a Travel Authorisation you agree to comply with Bermuda’s laws designed to protect residents and visitors from COVID-19 spread as outlined here, including wearing a traveler wristband (required) and a quarantine monitoring bracelet (if required).
If you’re coming to Bermuda for a fun wedding weekend at a private resort or want to create a fabulous affair filled with a mix of memorable events for yourself and your guests, you’ll begin your journey by looking for an oh so awesome wedding planner to manage the hundreds of details, or to partner with you every step of the way. So if you’d rather be a bride than a bridezilla (yes, there really is such a thing), let us help you manage the stress of planning your Bermuda destination wedding. Whether you want to spearhead or collaborate, we are here to help you plan your memorable wedding day.
Would love to learn more about how we’d help you plan your wedding? Here’s the link to my diary – you can select a time that works best for you – yes, it really is as easy as that!
Planning a wedding can be tricky, let alone a dream destination wedding overseas. That is why we are here to help you plan your big day. We listen to your dreams, take your budget into consideration and then go away and plan your dream destination wedding for you! If you’d rather be a bride than a bridezilla you would like to minimize your stress. Let us help you manage the stress of planning your wedding planning stress, contact us. That is why we are here to help you plan your big day
Wondering if this should be the hero line at the very top of the website which in turn leads to the blog.
Can also use to create a pdf as a lead magnet.
Click here to view the 5 steps you need to take before you come to Bermuda depart to visit the island. When arriving on the island, use this guide as a reference for your first 14 days in Bermuda!
For more information on the protocols, visit the Bermuda Government website.
Love this sentence but think we can use this as a lead magnet rather than at the tail end of the COVID piece.
Before you go, have you ever wondered how well you actually know your partner? Head over to our quiz to find out more!